Monday, March 17, 2008

Socks!!!!

After 2 classes on how to knit socks two at a time on the same needle, I think I just might have the concept down. Granted, the only thing that can wear the itty bitty socks that I have on my needles is my daughter's My Twinn doll, but hey, I've figured out that I can actually knit two of the little buggers at the same time!

I've really come to enjoy knitting socks. They scared the hell outta me for the longest time. I'm still not sure why I was so intimidated by socks. I guess for the same reason that starting a sweater makes me nervous. I guess I'm worried that I'll screw it up so bad that it's not recoverable. I really would like to get started on Mom's sweater but I need those stitch markers that Shelly is making me first. I tried starting it without them and quickly got lost so the markers are definitely a must have for me.

I did finish the first sock of the February sock of the month. The second sock is now on the needles and the cuff is done. I think this one will go MUCH faster than the first one since I've gotten over the fear of socks on DPNs. I have to admit that I absolutely *LOVE* my Harmony DPNs! I tried working with the nickle plated DPNs that the idiot bought me last year, but they just don't feel as good in my hands as the wood needles do. I think I just might be on my way to becoming a socknut like my friend, Connie. Now there's a serious socknut! I've only seen her knit one other thing and that's a shawl. She's started spinning and is really making some beautiful yarn. She's one of the most talented people I have ever met...and she's a phenomenal friend.

It's Spring Break and I'm trying to come up with ideas for things to do with Rhiannon that aren't going to cost me an arm and a leg. We've already decided that we're going to go to the movies to see Horton Hears A Who. We'll probably go to Cheddar's afterward for dinner. She seems to really like going there and I like their chicken strips. They're more like monster chicken chunks. I've never been able to finish them and always have at least half of the order to bring home. And their cole slaw is incredibly tasty. So maybe that's what we'll do on Tuesday.

I'll let you know how things go for the week. As always, stay safe, be happy and knit on!

No comments: