Monday, July 24, 2006

The 4-0

I am officially 40 now. I don't know why I thought I would feel any different, but I suppose everyone (or at least some of us) have that unrealistic expectation. Henry took me out Saturday night to Kobe Steakhouse with our friends, Jessie and Anita. He totally faked me out on what he got me for my birthday. I've had a small buckwheat hull pillow that has been my cuddle pillow for 3 years now. I've taken it with me to the hospital every time that I've had to go...except when they made me radio active. He found a full size buckwheat hull pillow! I was so excited! He also found a neat antique postcard from Odessa, too. Then came the real prezzie: Margaret Cho tickets for her November show! WoooooHoooooo! We missed her the last time she came to town. What a honey!

My friend, Merrie, is taking us to dinner tomorrow night. She said anywhere I want to go, so I'm thinking that we'll go to Abuelo's. Henry wants us to go to Garozzo's. I may relent and say do Italian. Garozzo's does the most decadent bisteca marsala that I have EVER had. Kind of funny that the best steak in town is at an Italian joint.

I think I'm going to try to wake up early enough to go to lunch with Vanessa. It's been a really long time since she and I have just hung out. I need to start going over again...and I really need to start stitching again. I've been a horrible slacker in the stitching department. I've got Christmas Elf Fairy almost done and Enchanted Mermaid has been languishing in my WIP bin for months now.

Well, we're kidless tonight, so maybe I'll go back to bed and nibble on Henry. He was so happy that Rhiannon was at Merrie's tonight...and for good reason. *wink, wink, nudge, nudge* So maybe this will be "Ding Ding! Round Two!"

No comments: