Sunday, November 05, 2006

Where'd It Go?

My stitching mojo has just quite simply vanished. Every time I have picked up a needle in the last few months, it has been a complete disaster! I either screw it up so bad that I have to frog out hours of work or I just can't seem to put the needle to the fabric and make it work.

So I've declared that stitching season is over for me this year. I'm going to learn a new craft. I'm going to learn how to knit!! I don't care if it harelips the president. I'm going to get me some knitting needles and some pretty yarn and see if the ladies down at Heritage Hut can teach this poor uncoordinated soul how to knit something simple like a scarf. Doesn't have to be anything fancy, just a scarf. Then once I figure that out, we'll work on something harder...like maybe a hat to go with a scarf.

Someone in the Crafty Bitch group on myspace recommended a book called Stitch & Bitch. Said she learned how to knit by reading that one. I figure if I get a good book and take lessons, then I've got all my bases covered. Shoot, I'd buy freakin' dvd's if I thought that would help! I'm ready to be a crafty bitch again. I miss my inner crafting bitch. If she's still sunning herself on the beach in Tahiti, I'm ready for her to get herself back to Kansas where she belongs!

So for now, it's see ya later cross stitch....hello knitting!

2 comments:

pethair-xstitcher said...

Seems to me that after what you have had on your plate in the past while, a change of "scenery" is a good thing. Terry did the exact same thing and I do believe she is now a stitching fiend!
As long as you are happy and enjoy it...go for it. Let us know how it goes.
hugs

Rachel Leigh Smith said...

Stitch & Bitch is a good book! My new co-worker has it and I looked through it. I'm going to buy it too! Excellent diagrams and instructions and some really nifty patterns in the back.