Monday, August 27, 2007

How Funny Is This?

I just found out that my birthday, July 25, is Threading The Needle Day. Now just how appropriate is that with all of my hobbies? *grins*

Somebody needs to take away my clicky finger. I have become entirely too friendly lately with Knitpicks and Jimmy Beans Wool. I better learn how to knit socks or I'm going to up to my well rounded rear-end in sock yarn! I picked up a few skeins of a discontinued colour from KnitPicks. They call it Meadow Multi, I call it Monster Mash. It's black, purple and green. Not very meadowish is you ask me, but hey...it made for a great discount on really nice yarn. I bought enough to make me and Vanessa each a pair. It's nice to have someone other than your family who appreciates the work and time that goes into making something from scratch.

I also got the first round of the books that I ordered on KnitPicks book sale. The Big Girl Knits hardback ROCKS! There are some incredible sweater coats and wrap arounds in this one. I cannot wait to take that sweater knitting class so I can get my sweater knitting feet wet.

I just realized that I have a couple more classes at Twist that I need to sign up for ASAP. Maybe Shelly will start something where you buy so many classes and you get one free. We are really looking forward to the learn to crochet class on Thursday. Then there's Final Friday Knitting...and of course, Saturday evening Prairie Home Companion. It's a darned good thing that I'm feeling better and managing to keep food down now. I'll just make me a big honkin' travel cup of iced tea or crystal light and bring a Kashi bar or two with me to nibble on to keep my blood sugar on an even keel.

Have I mentioned just how much I'm loving life right now? Good news works better than Lexapro!

No comments: