Friday, August 17, 2007

Wow!

The last few months have been something else! Not quite a month after my last post, I landed in the hospital for 9 weeks. No, that wasn't a typo, it was 9 weeks. Eight of the 9 weeks were spent taking IV antibiotics and recovering from surgery to remove the bone growth stimulator that Dr Mills left in my back.

So I've been home for a little over a month and I'm healing slowly but surely. I also found out that I am diabetic. Sigh. But hey, I'm learning to deal with that just like I'm learning to deal with everything else.

I've started knitting again and I'm really enjoying it. A new yarn shop opened up here in town and I just love it! Twist is the kind of shop that makes you feel so welcome. It just feels good when you walk in. In a way, it kind of reminds me of Cheers...you know like when Norm would walk in and everyone would turn around and say, "Norm!" You get greeted by your friends when you walk into Twist.

Tomorrow evening from 5-7, Twist has a listening "party" for Prairie Home Companion. They do it every Saturday. I missed their Thursday night SnB from 6-8. I've had the tummy ick and Henry had the car. I can't wait for Leather Camp to be over so I don't have to sit at home. I really am ready to get out of the house, even if it's just for a run to the grocery store or something. I just hate being stuck here with no vehicle.

So I'm working on a new handbag called The Lexi
It should really turn out cute. I'm having a heck of a time getting the links thing to do its thing without making everything a link.

I promise to get in here and blog more often.

No comments: