Friday, November 23, 2007

I suck at blogging

Okay, I don't totally suck at it, but I seem to have a hard time remembering to get on here and write a little.

I started the Bowl of Spaghetti hat from Knitty Gritty while I was in the hospital a week ago. I swear that thing has never-ending I-Cord! It took me twice as long to knit the I-Cord as it did to knit the hat itself. I would *LOVE* to find something else to use some Misti Baby Alpaca on, but something that only takes a skein or two. It's so incredibly soft! I think I'm going to try the Suri Alpaca from KnitPicks. It's more affordable and looks so incredibly soft. If it's half as soft as I think it's going to be, it will make a great hat or even a sweater...should I come into a boatload of money.

I've found some really awesome hat patterns. They should knit up really quick so that I can give a new hat to each family member. One of the patterns is from Knitty. I saw Shelly, who owns http://www.twistyarnshop.com/, knit this one up and it turned out so cool! I think it's called Shedir. I've never knit from a chart before, so this is going to be a new one for me. The other pattern that I would love to do is from Kody May. If you haven't checked out her blog, you really should. She designs some really awesome stuff and she shares with others as long as you give her credit where credit is due. http://kodymayknits.blogspot.com/2006_11_15_archive.html It's called Asminah's Hat and it's just beautiful!

Well, that's me catching up on my knitting stuff. Next on the list of things to conquer is a crochet embellishment class and a class for those nifty knitted/felted clogs. I've already got the Cascade 220 for the clogs but I haven't found a sweater to embellish yet for Rhiannon. Hopefully I can find one asap.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Tammy

No comments: