Saturday, November 24, 2007

Sore Thumbs

Who knew that speed knitting through a hat with HiyaHiya circs would make my thumbs sore? They're almost as sharp as my KnitPicks Options. I sure wish that KnitPicks would put out a shorter cord so I could make 16" circs with the 2 sets that I have.

I spent this afternoon up at Twist hanging out with friends and knitting on a new project, Asminah's Hat from Kody May Knits. If you haven't checked out Kody May's blog and you knit, you really should pop over there and see what all she has to offer for free. She's a really talented designer and she likes to share, just make sure that you give her credit for the designs. I bought some incredible Berroco Jasper merino wool to use on this one. The colours are beautiful and the fibers are soft and pliable to the touch. And it isn't splitty! Wooohooo!

Becky bought some gorgeous Noro wool for me to make Chuck a scarf. I just have to find the right pattern for it. They only had 2 skeins at Twist, so I have to make sure that whatever pattern I choose won't take more than that. I also offered to make another Bowl of Spaghetti hat for Tamara's daughter's friend. I just need to get yarn amounts to her. She has a friend who collects Jester hats and she thought that this would be a great addition to his collection. I did go online to joann's and I ordered an I-Cord maker. They're having free shipping all weekend, no matter what size your order is, so I took advantage. I also ordered me a Mighty Bright LED clip on light. I've been wanting one and they never seem to have them at Hobby Lobby when I think about getting one. It was on sale, so I don't feel too bad there.

I also ordered a couple of Hannah Montana goodies for Rhiannon from Walmart. Did you know that you can have your order shipped to your local store free? That means I don't have to really fight the crowds for more than picking up my order. Anything that will keep me from fighting the crowds shopping, I'm all over!

I've had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday this year, in spite of the mess that is going on with he who shall not be named. We have court next week and hopefully, that will spur the divorce on. At least I hope it will. I'm ready to be free and clear. Not like I'm going to just jump back into the dating pool or anything silly like that, but I just want him out of our lives for good.

I hope this finds you all happy, healthy and safe-
Tammy

1 comment:

Rachel Leigh Smith said...

Tammy, I'm so sorry to hear that about he who shall not be named. I hope 2008 brings you a new year to look forward to and find some happiness in. And good luck!