Friday, January 27, 2006

Another Sleepless Night

I so did not mean to take ten days to post again. Rhiannon and I were both sick, but that shouldn't be an excuse.

So here it is, January 27th. I have a stitch along that starts February 1st and I'm not ready for it. I've got all my floss and blending filament. I've got a new pack of smaller needles. I've got gorgeous fabric from Silkweaver...however said fabric isn't gridded yet. To be honest, it took me forever to figure out a simple method of gridding. I felt like the world's biggest dork when step by step instructions on the HAED BB read like Greek to me. I'm not a stupid female, but I definitely was feeling a tad bit intimidated by gridding. Then in rides Fudgey (HAED's resident saviour) with her simple gridding method. Simply stitch your lines over 2 threads and under 2 threads. So I'm gridding 10x10 squares now. I've finally found stitching that I can do while watching tv that doesn't end up all boogered up and funky. I may have to do La Bella Luna like that. Now I'm feeling my oats and thinking that I'm going to try Becca's thread parking method. Since she does it row by row, that just might be the easiest way to do it for me. No big fuss. I'll just have to make sure that I am only doing one row at a time.

Have I mentioned yet that I hate this damnable Apple keyboard? The space bar sticks and doesn't always move the cursor. Makes for a lot of typos that quite simply drive me NUTS! Half the time, I want to correct my own writing in red and send it back to myself! Speaking of correcting things in red and sending them back to the author, Henry and I were attempting to read the first issue of WOOLF Watch that Richard published since becoming WOOLF's new publicist and we were both just gobsmacked at how pathetic the writing had become. It's obvious that the new publicist has his girl, Jean, writing for him. She writes just as she speaks, disjointed and downright whacked out. I gave up after the first page. Henry kept torturing himself and finished the whole thing. I know he's still upset about losing the election to Richard. I'm out of ways to try and comfort him. I guess there's always Leather Camp in August to keep him occupied.

On to something stitching related. HAED is having another 25% off sale and there are some Sara Butcher charts that I would love to buy. I really should be good and not buy any more, but these are just screaming to me. One is a quick stitch and the other two would be marvelous companion pieces. I've really found myself drawn to Ms Butcher's work. It's so unlike most fantasy art that I like.

Superbowl Sunday, Picture This Plus is opening up at noon for those of us who could give a rip about football. I still have my gift certificate that Vanessa gave me last October. That will get me a fat quarter and a skein of Dinky Dyes silk...maybe a little more since everything will be 25% off.

It's late and I really should be thinking about sleep. Maybe I'll watch Third Watch and then try to sleep.

1 comment:

Annie Bee said...

Hi Tammy - good to read that you have mastered the art of gridding. It sure makes it easier to stitch these large patterns.
Hugs
Annette (anystitcher)