Wednesday, March 08, 2006

HEHEHE!

So I had my last visit with Dr Mills today before he moves to Ohio. He read the report that Novacare sent him and he was pissed! The whole time he's reading over it I could see the muscle in his jaw working. He's firing off a response to their "report" that will pretty much tell them that they are incompetent and wouldn't know which end of a stethescope to use if their lives depended on it. He wrote me a new script for my Lortab, but changed with formula I was getting and upped the number in each refill. I was a tad bit shocked when it cost me $61 to pick it up. But when you've got to have something that works, you've got to have it.

I contacted Adult Protective Services in Texas and gave them all of my contact information so I can help them in the case against my mother. I felt better after doing that. If even one thing that I can do helps them get any of Gran's money back then it's worth it. This was the first doctor visit I've had where I didn't call my mother on the way home to let her know what was going on. That was a little sad for me, but it doesn't hurt as much as I thought it would.

Merrie cooked dinner for us tonight. Chicken fried steak, gravy, mashed potatoes...OMG...they were sooooo good! Now that's Texas-style comfort food at its best! Dessert is fresh strawberries and homemade whipped cream. She's spoiling us rotten and taking great pleasure in doing so.

I went to lunch today with Vanessa. Nothing like hitting Cortez for some chile verde and diablo sauce. Then it was off to Frameworks to pick out frames for three pieces of needlework that she and Becky had finished. As usual, we picked out gorgeous frames. They'll be ready on Friday for pickup. Vanessa is one of the most prolific stitchers I know and her pieces are always beautifully stitched. We may not always agree on what pieces we want to stitch or what fabric, but they always turn out really nice.

After a couple of near 80 degree days, its cooling back down to the usual 50-55 range here. There's a mini-cool front that blew in late this afternoon. It just seems so wrong to have the a/c on in early March. Of course, tornadoes in January are just kind of wrong, too. Mother Nature is so not happy with us and she's letting us know in more ways than one.

There was a huge grass fire in Butler County not too far from Wichita that burned about 7000 acres today. Some vacant houses were burned but none that were occupied burned. Some of their siding was scorched, but they never actually burned, thank goodness. This one was sparked by some moron dragging a trailer hitch and chain. There were three grass fires in Wichita yesterday that were started by idiots throwing cigarettes out of their car windows. How stupid do you have to be do something like that when we're in drought conditions and there's a burn-ban through out most of the state?

I'm thinking that tomorrow might be a good day. Today was pretty good. My pain level wasn't quite as high as it has been, but it's still up there higher than it should be. I know that I'm not in the worst shape of my life and that there are people out there who are far worse off than I am. I'm thankful everyday for the gifts I have in my life. And hey, after all is said and done, I did wake up this morning, so that's a good thing!

2 comments:

pethair-xstitcher said...

Good news on all fronts Tammy, glad to hear a) your doc is lloking out for you, b) you are helping your gran and your mom in one move c) you have good friends d) your appetite is just fine! and you are being positive!
My week is made..see , it does not take much to please me.

pethair-xstitcher said...

Good news on all fronts Tammy, glad to hear a) your doc is lloking out for you, b) you are helping your gran and your mom in one move c) you have good friends d) your appetite is just fine! and you are being positive!
My week is made..see , it does not take much to please me.